Summer Healthcare Career Camp
UNC Charlotte is hosting a residential camp for high school students interested in a healthcare career (June 18-23rd).
The purpose of this Program is to:
- Train high school students on varied healthcare careers (scopes of practice) and corresponding entry points (e.g., certificate programs, associate-level licensure programs, undergraduate, and professional graduate programs)
- Increase knowledge and intention among prospective healthcare workforce members
- Build the NC Healthcare workforce pipeline, and
- Increase the entry of students from underrepresented populations or underserved communities into the NC Healthcare workforce pipeline.
The camp will follow the following structure.
- Morning educational sessions (scopes of practice, application & enrollment process, health care skill development, investment & salary information
- Midday speakers across varied professions
- Afternoon shadowing at local clinical and healthcare organizations
- Evening soft-skill and professionalism development
- Family activities to support new study/prep behaviors.