HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE EXERCISE SCIENCE MAJOR?
Applicants who satisfy freshman or transfer requirements for admission to the University are eligible for admission to the Pre-Exercise Science major.
Students who wish to apply for the Exercise Science major are initially classified as Pre-Exercise Science majors until they meet the following requirements:
IF YOU WISH TO DECLARE THE PRE-EXERCISE SCIENCE MAJOR, CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AND REGISTER FOR A CHANGE OF MAJOR ORIENTATION.
When should I apply to the Exercise Science degree program?
Students should apply to the major DURING the semester in which they are completing the last of the pre-requisites listed above.
Admission to the Exercise Science major is becoming increasingly competitive. Meeting the minimum eligilitity criteria does not guaranteee admission.
Submit your application before the posted deadline. Click here for the online application:
EXERCISE SCIENCE PROGRAM APPLICATION
CURRENT APPLICATION CYCLE
Fall 2023 application due: before 11:59pm on December 7, 2023
Application review begins: December 18, 2023
Requirements for Admission to Upper Division Exercise Science Major
The Exercise Science Program has a selective admissions process. Admission decisions are made by the Admissions Committee. Applicants must meet the following minimum academic requirements as well as submit the online Exercise Science Major application.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in all college course work at UNCC and in pre-requisite courses
- Completion of 36 hours of coursework
- Successful completion of the following courses with a “C” or above at the time of application. Please note that applicants who are enrolled in required classes at the time of application may still apply, but admission will be contingent upon successful completion of those classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology I EXER 2168, 2168L (or BIOL 2273, 2273L)
- Anatomy and Physiology II EXER 2169, 2169L or (BIOL 2274, 2274
- Chemistry 1251, 1251L (or CHEM 1203, 1203L)
- Statistics (STAT 1222)
- Introduction to Exercise Science (EXER 2150)
- Foundations of Physical Conditioning (EXER 2101)
- Submission of the online Exercise Science Major Application on or before posted deadline.
The Exercise Science program considers application for admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability
Recommended Pre-Exercise Science Sequence
1st semester (14-16 hours)
EXER 2168 – Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Professions (3 credits)
EXER 2168L – Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Profession Lab (1 credit)
MATH 1101 – College Algebra and Probability (3 credits)
HAHS 1101 – Prospect for Success (1 or 3 credits)
LBST 1101, 1102, 1103, 1004, or 1105 (3 credits) – Arts and Society
2nd semester (16-17 hours)
EXER 2150 – Introduction to Exercise Science (3 credits)
EXER 2169- Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Professions II (3 credits)
EXER 2169L- Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Profession II Lab (1 credit)
CHEM 1200 – Fundamentals of Chemistry (3 credits)
UWRT – Writing and Inquiry Academic Context (3 or 4 credits)
EXER 2101 – Foundations of Physical Conditioning (3 credits)
3rd semester (16 hours)
CHEM 1251 – General Chemistry I (3 credits)
CHEM 1251L- General Chemistry Lab (1 credit)
LBST 2101 – Western Tradition (3 credits)
LBST 2301 – Critical Thinking (3 credits)
STAT 1222 – Introduction to Statistics (3 credits) Social Sciences Reqs (3 credits)