Early Entry Program
The MSAT program has an early entry option for students majoring in Exercise Science. Students apply to the early entry option during the Junior year of the Exercise Science program. Students must meet all the athletic training program specific requirements in addition to the Graduate School requirements:
- To be considered for Early Entry admission, a student must complete and submit an application via the Graduate School’s admissions system, https://gradadmissions.charlotte.edu/apply and provide supporting documents.
- A student may be accepted at any time after completion of 75 or more hours of undergraduate course work, although it is expected that 90 hours of undergraduate course work will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken.
- A student must have at least a 3.2 overall GPA (on a 4.0 scale), but some programs require a higher GPA.
- Once admitted, a student must complete an Early-Entry Program Form and have it approved by the Undergraduate Coordinator, the Graduate Program Director, and the Graduate School. Failure to obtain approvals prior to the first day of class negates a student’s ability to “double-count” courses in an accelerated Early Entry program.
- A given graduate program may have more rigorous admissions criteria.
- If an early-entry student has not met the normal admission requirements of a 3.0 GPA at the end of his/her baccalaureate degree, she/he will be dismissed from the graduate program. Students accepted into an early-entry program will be subject to the same policies that pertain to other matriculated graduate students. Generally, it will be assumed that early-entry students will finish their baccalaureate degrees before they complete 15 hours of graduate work (two semesters not including summer terms). No courses taken before admission to the graduate program may be applied to a graduate degree.
- Students must be enrolled at UNC Charlotte.
If interested students should meet with their undergraduate Exercise Science advisor to discuss class scheduling to set themselves up to apply as an early entry student as students will complete the Exercise Science degree at the end of Summer of their 3rd year in the program.